Link to this page. MLA Style "Pygmalion. In YourDictionary.
Pygmalion noun Greek Mythology A king of Cyprus who carved and then fell in love with a statue of a woman, which Aphrodite brought to life as Galatea. Noun plural pygmalions One who acts as the legendary Greek sculptor Pygmalion who was granted the wish of having life given to a sculpture of his which he loved a great deal , as in George Bernard Shaw's Pygmalion in which he sometimes refers to his main character Henry Higgins as Pygmalion Higgins.
How to use a word that literally drives some people nuts. The awkward case of 'his or her'. Which of these things doesn't belong? Test your knowledge - and maybe learn something along the way.
- Join YourDictionary today.
- Caterpillar Master glossary-Spanish LA.pdf | Air ....
- Ion Channels!
- Fall of Eagles: Airmen of World War One?
Definition of adaptation. Synonyms for adaptation Synonyms acclimation , acclimatization , accommodation , adaption , adjustment , conformation Visit the Thesaurus for More.
- Join YourDictionary today;
- Winter Edition Tale s Webster The Thesaurus s Spanish?
- Radical evil and the scarcity of hope : postsecular meditations.
- Notions of the feminine : literary essays from Dostoyevsky to Lacan!
- The Way of the Crucible!
- used books, rare books and new books?
Examples of adaptation in a Sentence His stage adaptation of the novel was a success. The film is an adaptation of a book of the same title. The insect's evolutionary adaptations enable it to be almost invisible even when sitting in the middle of a leaf.
Rowling sends internet into a frenzy with mysterious Harry Potter and the Cursed Child tweet," 5 Sep. First Known Use of adaptation , in the meaning defined at sense 2. Learn More about adaptation. Resources for adaptation Time Traveler!